Fellow with Expertise in Climate Policy and a Background in Economics
- Application deadline
- Starting date
- as soon as possible
2 year term contract
- Working time
30-40 h/ week
To support our team in Berlin we are looking – as soon as possible – for a
Fellow with expertise in climate policy and a background in economics
In a series of projects, Ecologic Institute addresses the question of how German and European climate policy can shape the transformation to a climate-neutral economy. Which policy instruments do we need to initiate the transformation in different fields of action, and how can these be combined into a coherent strategy? What is the role of economic instruments such as carbon pricing in this process? What conflicts are to be expected and what could be the solutions?
If this piques your interest, the climate team of the Ecologic Institute is looking forward to your application!
- You will work on climate policy projects at national and European level - especially on economic aspects of the transformation and the role of economic instruments.
- You will independently conduct scientific analyses and prepare the results for the respective target group.
- You will acquire new projects (in cooperation with the team), continue working on existing project strands and help to open up new thematic fields for the Institute.
- You will lead smaller projects yourself and manage larger projects in cooperation with experienced project leaders.
- You communicate project results to the respective target groups and thus contribute to the scientific and political discourse.
- You have completed an academic education (e.g. economics, industrial engineering) with a master's degree.
- You have professional experience (3 to 6 years) in a relevant work environment, for example in environmental policy research and policy consulting, in an association or a civil society organization related to climate and environmental issues.
- You have expert knowledge of German and European climate and energy policy and a strong understanding and up-to-date knowledge of environmental policy instruments especially in the field of emissions trading and other economic instruments.
- Knowledge of the role of individual sectors in the transformation to climate neutrality is an advantage - especially the financial sector, but also industries.
- You have proven excellent methodological and analytical skills for qualitative and quantitative analyses.
- You have experience in the acquisition of projects at European and national level.
- You enjoy working both independently and in a team and show enthusiasm for working in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
- You have a very good command of German and English, both written and spoken.
What we offer:
- You will work in a leading international environmental policy think tank that develops solutions for the most pressing environmental policy challenges of our time. You will work in a scientifically sound and politically independent manner - in constant exchange with experts and decision-makers from the fields of politics, research business and civil society.
- In our international team, you will experience a pleasant working atmosphere in a flexible and family-friendly environment with flat hierarchies. Our HR management is value driven.
- You will work on projects independently and responsibly, and strengthen your profile in the field of climate protection and climate economics. In doing so, you can build on the Institute's excellent references and networks.
- We will guide you and open up space for creativity and further training opportunities to deepen your expertise and develop your professional skills.
- We offer you an employment contract with appropriate remuneration and a minimum of 30 hours per week, initially limited to two years with the intention of along-term contract.
By the way: Ecologic has been voted the Top Environment Policy Think Tank. Find out more here!
If this sounds interesting for you we are looking forward to your application with the following documents:
- Letter of motivation (incl. salary expectations)
- Work samples (English and German, max. 20 pages in total)
- University certificates
In case of questions, please contact Ms. Verena Stange via 030/86880-122 or per e-mail at email@example.com
Deadline for applications is 15 September 2021.
Diversity of disciplines, backgrounds and experiences strengthens research and society. We therefore welcome all applications. Selection criteria are solely the job requirements and the qualifications of the applicants. We therefore also ask you to refrain from sending photos as part of the application.