Fellow in the Field of EU Agriculture and Climate Policies
- Application deadline
- Starting date
Term contract for two years
- Working time
30-40 h/ week
To support our team in Berlin, we are looking for a
Fellow in the field of EU agriculture and climate policies
(start date flexible, latest February 2022)
In a series of projects, the agriculture team of the Ecologic Institute addresses the question of how European agriculture, environment and climate policy can shape the transformation to a climate-neutral economy and resilient agricultural systems. Which policy instruments do we need to initiate the transformation in different fields of action, and how can these be combined into a coherent strategy?
If this piques your interest, the agriculture team of the Ecologic Institute is looking forward to your application!
- Contribute to the implementation of research and consultancy projects for German and EU clients, with a view to taking on task and project management responsibilities as soon as possible.
- Conduct policy analyses, interviews, case studies, as well as support the organisation of stakeholder events, and create and manage website content.
- Contribute to drafting of reports, policy briefs, guidance documents, responses to public consultations, newsletter stories, tailored dissemination materials, factsheets, and further materials.
- Support the acquisition of new projects on climate friendly agricultural policy, sustainable soil management, and pesticide reductions.
- Represent Ecologic Institute to project partners, clients and at national and international events and meetings, including presenting projects and their research results.
- A master or a postgraduate degree in e.g. agriculture, environment, environmental technology or social sciences with a focus on agriculture and environment.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience, ideally including project management.
- Strong knowledge of agriculture and climate issues, as well as EU agriculture, climate, and environment policies.
- Experience in project acquisition (administrative and content) and project design.
- Ability to work flexibly, independently and in teams on several projects in parallel.
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills in English as well as German or another European language
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- You will work in a leading international environmental policy think tank that develops solutions for the most pressing environmental policy challenges of our time. You will work in a scientifically sound and politically independent manner - in constant exchange with experts and decision-makers from the fields of politics, research, business and civil society.
- In our international team, you will experience a pleasant working atmosphere in a flexible and family-friendly environment with flat hierarchies. Our HR management is value driven.
- You will work on projects independently and responsibly, and strengthen your profile in your area of expertise. In doing so, you can build on the Institute's excellent references and networks.
- We will guide you and open up space for creativity and further training opportunities to deepen your expertise and develop your professional skills.
- We offer you an employment contract with appropriate remuneration and a minimum of 30 hours per week, initially limited to two years with the intention of a long-term contract.
By the way: Ecologic has been voted the Top Environment Policy Think Tank. Find out more here!
If this sounds interesting for you we are looking forward to your application with the following documents:
- Letter of motivation (incl. salary expectations)
- Work samples (English and German, max. 20 pages in total)
- University certificates
In case of questions, please contact Ms. Verena Stange via 030/86880-122 or per e-mail at email@example.com
Deadline for applications is 15 September 2021.
Diversity of disciplines, backgrounds and experiences strengthens research and society. We therefore welcome all applications. Selection criteria are solely the job requirements and the qualifications of the applicants. We therefore also ask you to refrain from sending photos as part of the application.