Fellow with Expertise in Climate Policy with Focus on Political Science
- Application deadline
- Starting date
- as soon as possible
Term contract for two years
- Working time
30-40 h/ week
To support our team in Berlin we are looking – as soon as possible – for a
Fellow with expertise in climate policy with focus on political science
In a series of projects, Ecologic Institute is looking at the ways in which German and European climate policy can shape the transformation to climate neutrality and the framework conditions needed to achieve this. What goals need to be set – and for whom? What role does strategic, long-term planning play in achieving these set goals, and how should effective monitoring be designed? Who should be involved in the processes, in what capacity and for what purposes? And what is the legal framework in which these aspects are organized and coordinated?
If this piques your interest, the climate team of the Ecologic Institute is looking forward to your application!
- You will work on climate policy projects at national and European level – especially on the aspect of governance.
- You will independently conduct scientific analyses and prepare the results for the respective target group.
- You will acquire new projects in cooperation with the team and continue working on existing project strands.
- You will lead smaller projects yourself and manage larger projects in cooperation with experienced project leaders.
- You communicate project results to the respective target groups and represent the Ecologic Institute at political and scientific events.
- You have completed an academic education in political science with a master's degree.
- You have professional experience (3 to 6 years) in a relevant work environment, for example in environmental policy research and policy consulting, in an association or a civil society organization related to climate and environmental issues.
- You have expert knowledge of German and European climate and energy policy. In depth knowledge of governance aspects is a plus.
- You have proven excellent methodological and analytical skills in qualitative analyses – skills in quantitative analyses are a plus.
- You enjoy working both independently and in a team and show enthusiasm for working in an interdisciplinary and international environment.
- You have a very good command of German and English, both written and spoken.
What we offer:
- You will work in a leading international environmental policy think tank that develops solutions for the most pressing environmental policy challenges of our time. You will work in a scientifically sound and politically independent manner – in constant exchange with experts and decision-makers from the fields of politics, research, business and civil society.
- In our international team, you will experience a pleasant working atmosphere in a flexible and family-friendly environment with flat hierarchies. Our HR management is value driven.
- You will work on projects independently and responsibly, and strengthen your profile in the field of climate protection and governance. In doing so, you can build on the Institute's excellent references and networks.
- We will guide you and open up space for creativity and further training opportunities to deepen your expertise and develop your professional skills.
- We offer you an employment contract with appropriate remuneration and a minimum of 30 hours per week, initially limited to two years with the intention of a long-term contract.
Are you interested ?
Please apply online with the following documents:
- Letter of motivation (including your salary expectations)
- Work samples (English and German, total max. 20 pages)
- University certificates
- References (letters or contact details)
Deadline: 18 September 2021.
Call Verena Stange 030/86880-122 or email email@example.com
Diversity of disciplines, backgrounds and experiences strengthens research and society. We therefore welcome all applications. Selection criteria are solely the job requirements and the qualifications of the applicants. We therefore also ask you to refrain from sending photos as part of the application.
By the way: Ecologic has been voted the Top Environment Policy Think Tank. Find out more here!