Researcher / Fellow with Focus on Food Systems
- Application deadline
- Starting date
- as soon as possible
Term contract for two years
- Working time
To support our team in Berlin we are looking – as soon as possible – for a
Researcher / Fellow with focus on food systems
Ecologic Institute conducts research at national and European level on ideas, concepts and policy recommendations for sustainable food systems. Our research focuses on the reduction of food waste, measures for a protein shift, the importance of regionalization of food systems and the governance of food policy and food system transformation.
The design of participatory, creative and transdisciplinary processes with the different actors of the food system to develop practical concepts is an essential part of Ecologic Institute's work.
To expand and support this work, we are looking for a competent and committed new team member!
- You will work on several national – and in the future also European – projects on various aspects of the transformation of food systems.
- You work on parts of projects independently and support the management of larger projects in cooperation with experienced project leaders.
- You will independently conduct scientific analyses and prepare the results for the respective target group.
- You communicate project results to the respective target groups and thus contribute to the scientific and political discourse.
- You support the organization of dialogue processes and the networking of different actors.
- You represent the Institute to project partners and clients and present project results at national and international events.
- You support the acquisition of new projects.
- You have completed an academic education (e.g. environmental sciences, ecotrophology, agricultural science, behavioral science, political science) with a Master's degree.
- You can already build on work experience in a relevant work environment, for example in environmental policy research and policy consulting, in an association or a civil society organization related to nutrition issues.
- You work in a structured and reliable manner and have excellent analytical skills when dealing with complex topics.
- You think about sustainability in food systems systemically and are able to link together arguments and concepts from different areas (health, environment, social affairs, agriculture, animal welfare, spatial planning, etc.).
- You are keen on designing ambitious, science-based concepts and political strategies for the development of sustainable food systems.
- Ideally, you have previous knowledge of German and European food and agricultural policy and have initial experience in the acquisition of projects.
- You are open-minded with good communication skills and a sense of humor even in stressful situations.
- You have excellent command of written and spoken German (C2 level) and English.
What we offer:
- You will work in a leading international environmental policy think tank that develops solutions for the most pressing environmental policy challenges of our time. You will work in a scientifically sound and politically independent manner - in constant exchange with experts and decision-makers from the fields of politics, research, business and civil society.
- In our international team, you will experience a pleasant working atmosphere in a flexible and family-friendly environment with flat hierarchies. Our HR management is value-driven.
- You will work on projects in a self-determined and independent manner and strengthen your profile in the field of nutrition and sustainability. In doing so, you can build on the Institute's excellent references and networks.
- We will guide you and open up space for creativity and further training opportunities to deepen your expertise and develop your professional skills.
- We offer you an employment contract with appropriate remuneration, a workload of 20-30 hours per week, initially limited to two years with the intention of a long-term contract. An extension of the weekly working hours is possible if the project workload is sufficient, possibly also in other thematic areas of the Ecologic Institute.
Are you interested ?
Please apply online with the following documents:
- Letter of motivation (including your salary expectations)
- Work samples (English and German, total max. 20 pages)
- University certificates
- References (letters or contact details)
Deadline: 3 October 2021
Call Verena Stange 030-86880-122 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Diversity of disciplines, backgrounds and experiences strengthens research and society. We therefore welcome all applications. Selection criteria are solely the job requirements and the qualifications of the applicants. We therefore also ask you to refrain from sending photos as part of the application.
By the way: Ecologic has been voted the Top Environment Policy Think Tank. Find out more here!