Event Manager (digital and in-person)
- Application deadline
- Starting date
- as soon as possible
2 year term contract
- Working time
32-40 h / week
To support our Events Team in Berlin, we are looking as soon as possible for an
Event Manager (digital and in-person)
✓ You think that an event is more than 10 people in a room in front of a Whiteboard and some cookies on the table?
✓ You share our view that Corona has already changed our world and that digital events will become more and more important?
✓ You are ready to contribute with your skills and knowledge to keep the planet alive?
3 x Yes?
In that case, the Events Team of the non-profit Ecologic Institute is looking forward to your application! You will work closely with our scientists to advance and generate solutions to relevant issues such as ocean pollution, food waste, climate change mitigation, and sustainable mobility. Bringing together experts and stakeholders from all over the world to develop solutions to environmental challenges is at the core of Ecologic Institute's activities. Our events range from large international conferences to interactive workshop series, summer schools, webinars and trainings, to name a few. As part of the events team, you will play a key role in making this exchange a productive and memorable experience for everyone involved. Along with a dedicated and inspiring team, you will ensure that our in-person, digital and hybrid events run smoothly from the first stages of the design process to their successful execution.
- Event management (in-person, digital and hybrid) from event design, logistics and organization to event evaluation in close cooperation with the scientific teams, other Ecologic Institute service teams and external service providers
- Responsibility for the execution of events including technical briefing of participants and speakers (in-person, digital and hybrid, among others in Ecologic Institute's own streaming studio)
- Responsibility for the schedule, timelines, budgets and final evaluation of events
- Participants management incl. registration process and communication
- Managing external service providers including invoicing
- Development of innovative event formats – in-person, digital and hybrid
- Advising our clients to find tailor-made solutions for their needs
- Preparation of event flyers and material for the event
- Content management of event websites and using digital event platforms and interactive tools like Slido or Mentimeter
- A minimum of three years of experience in event management, e.g. in an agency
- Experience in development, planning and execution of events of different sizes, in-person, digital and hybrid
- Experience with state-of-the-art media and technical equipment for digital and hybrid events and very good understanding of technical solutions are a plus
- Focus on solutions, openness for new developments and trends in event sector
- Proactive and structured way of working
- Excellent written and spoken German and English language skills
- Experience in social media is a plus
- A contract initially limited to 2 years with 32-40 hours/week with the possibility of a permanent contract
- Adequate and fair remuneration
- Pleasant working atmosphere, international, flexible, with flat hierarchies
- Room for creative solutions and the development of your profile as a versatile event manager
- Helpfulness, cohesion, versatility, a high level of personal responsibility, flexible working hours, internationality, a lovely office with a sunny terrace overlooking Berlin, fair overtime regulations, job ticket, mobile work, committed colleagues, value-based HR policies
Please apply online with the following documents:
- Letter of motivation
- Examples of events which you have managed
- References and certificates
Deadline for applications is: 30 June 2022
For questions please call our HR Manager Verena Stange 030/86880-122 or get in touch via Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity of disciplines, backgrounds and experiences strengthens research and society. We therefore welcome all applications. Selection criteria are solely the job requirements and the qualifications of the applicants. We therefore also ask you to refrain from sending photos as part of the application.
By the way: Ecologic has been voted the Top Environment Policy Think Tank. Find out more here!