Lawyer with Focus on Energy Law and/or Climate Law
- Application deadline
- Starting date
- as soon as possible
- Working time
full or part time
To support our team in Berlin, we are looking – as soon as possible – in full or part-time for a
Lawyer with Focus on Energy Law and/or Climate Law
Ecologic Legal links environmental analysis and policy making to legal frameworks and the law-making process. Our aim is to enhance the design and implementation of environmental policy and governance with our research. We share our knowledge and experiences through capacity-building and education. Drawing on the expertise of a team of specialized lawyers, we advise decision-makers on all aspects of international, EU, and domestic environmental law and governance.
In the advertised position, you will work, with the legal team at the interface of the energy and climate team, on highly relevant issues concerning energy and environmental law and have the opportunity to actively shape framework conditions for the energy transition.
In energy and climate law, the focus is on dealing with legal aspects of restructuring the energy system in order to achieve the long-term climate protection goals of the EU and the Federal Government. Specifically, this includes the following tasks:
- Practice-oriented and policy-oriented legal work on current issues in the energy sector.
- Working on and, if necessary, managing research and advisory projects with energy and climate law issues at national, European and, if necessary, international level.
- Reviewing and drafting legal expert opinions, statements and legislative proposals on current issues in energy law.
- Working on and, if necessary, leading national and European projects on environmental law in interdisciplinary teams.
- Working on environmental law issues.
- You are a lawyer ("Volljurist:in") or have completed at least the first state examination or an equivalent law examination with above-average results ("satisfactory" or higher).
- Several years of relevant professional experience, e.g. in a think tank, in a specialised law firm, in public administration or in a university environment.
- In-depth knowledge of national energy law and the relevant areas of European law.
- Experience in project management and project acquisition is advantageous.
- Interest in engaging with the intersections of general policy and technical aspects of restructuring the energy system.
- An interest in familiarizing yourself with areas of law that may have been foreign to you so far, e.g. legal issues of digitalization.
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically.
- Willingness to work in an interdisciplinary manner as well as in a team.
- Very good knowledge of English and German, both written and spoken.
- Ability to think outside the box and change perspective.
- Passion to bring about change.
This profile was drafted with colleagues in mind who have successfully worked in this position in the past. If you think that other experiences and skills would equally qualify you for the position, please let us know in greater detail. We are looking forward to receiving your application, too!
What we offer:
- You will work in a leading international environmental policy think tank that develops solutions for the most urgent environmental challenges of our time. Your work is scientifically sound and politically independent and takes place in constant exchange with experts and decision-makers from politics, research, business and civil society. Good to know: The non-profit Ecologic Institute has been ranked the best environmental policy think tank worldwide. Click here to find out more!
- You will experience a pleasant working atmosphere in an international team, a flexible and family-friendly environment with flat hierarchies and the possibility to work on a mobile basis.
- As part of the team, you will work on projects with a high policy relevance, e.g. on energy and climate law, and will be able to develop your professional profile. In doing so, you can build on the Institute's excellent references and networks. With us, you will have plenty of scope to shape your own thematic priorities and build up interest-driven expertise.
- We will provide you with support and open up scope for creativity and further training opportunities to deepen your expertise and develop your professional skills.
- You will receive a permanent employment contract with appropriate remuneration.
Are you interested?
Please apply online with the following documents:
✓ Letter of motivation
✓ Work samples (German and English, each max. 10 pages)
✓ University Certificates
Deadline for applications is 4 September 2022.
We look forward to your application!
Call Verena Stange 030 86880-122 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity of disciplines, backgrounds and experiences strengthens research and society. We therefore welcome all applications. Selection criteria are solely the job requirements and the qualifications of the applicants. We therefore also ask you to refrain from sending photos and providing personal data in your CV like birthday and nationality as part of the application.