Student Assistant in the Field of Communications and European Environmental Policy
- Application deadline
- Starting date
- as soon as possible
1 year term contract
- Working time
12 hours per week
To strengthen our team at our Berlin location, we are looking to recruit a
Student Assistant in the field of Communications and European environmental policy.
As a student assistant in the field of European environmental policy and communications, you will support our team in producing a podcast and webinar series on European Green Deal. Your task will involve researching content related to European environmental policy, producing creative communications materials, and growing our community of listeners and webinar attendees.
- Researching content related to different aspects of environmental policy and drafting creative communication materials for our social media channels
- Interacting with our audience via our Instagram channel and via email
- Researching key stakeholders, institutions, organisations to make sure the podcast and webinar series reach relevant audiences
- Supporting podcast production
- Supporting the conception and implementation of a webinar series
- You are a registered student with at least one year of study time remaining in a relevant Bachelor’s or Master's degree programme such as economics, environmental policy, sustainability studies, political science or communications, ideally with a specialisation in climate, environmental issues or European policy.
- You have a passion for and understanding of environmental and climate issues.
- You have an interest in science communications and new media. Interest in podcasting and experience with managing social media channels are a plus
- Experience with organized youth work (e.g. past or current involvement in youth initiatives or organisations) is a plus
- You speak very good English and have an interest in writing. German skills are not required.
- You are reliable and, in addition to strong organisational skills, you have a high degree of initiative and creativity
- We offer you a student employment contract with a salary of €12.50 per hour and a workload of 12 hours per week (negotiable). The employment contract will initially be limited to one year.
- Working on this project gives you insights into professional science and policy communications, podcast production and organisation of interactive online events to engage audiences with environmental and climate issues.
- You will have the opportunity to participate in internal training and informal information sessions.
- We offer you a pleasant working atmosphere in an international company with flat hierarchies, an open work and communication culture and lived values.
- Mobile work is possible by consultation. Attendance days at the institute take place after consultation with the team.
Are you interested?
Then please apply online with the following documents:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- Examples of your work that convince us you are the person we are looking for: it can be online articles, social media posts or campaigns, a video or visual you have made, event invitation, school essays etc.
Our selection process:
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Rabiya Dar by phone on 030 86880-119 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The application deadline: 30 September 2022
Diversity of disciplines, backgrounds and experiences strengthens research and society. We therefore welcome all applications. Selection criteria are solely the job requirements and the qualifications of the applicants. We therefore also ask you to refrain from sending photos as part of the application.
By the way: Ecologic has been voted the Top Environment Policy Think Tank. Find out more here!