Student Assistant for Editing and Proofreading (DE/EN)
- Application deadline
- Starting date
initially limited for 1 year
- Working time
16-20 hours per week
We are looking for one Student Assistant for editing and proofreading (DE/EN) to support the institute's scientific teams at our Berlin location.
It is our mission to contribute to a more sustainable world through science and research. We achieve this by working on national and international projects. Important sponsors and clients of our projects include the European Commission, the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) and the German Federal Environment Agency (UBA). As a Student Assistant in the fields of copywriting and editing, you will support our scientific teams primarily in correcting grammar, punctuation and spelling as well as in the linguistic revision and formatting of scientific texts.
- Editing, proofreading and providing suggestions to texts which have already been translated by staff into English.
- Support in formatting and editing of project publications and reports and the creation of barrier-free reports (DE/EN).
- Preparation of translations from German into English, e.g. technical texts, web stories, website content, CVs, policy briefs.
- Enrolled as a student in a relevant degree program (e.g. as a translator or interpreter), with at least one year remaining in your studies.
- Knowledge of English on a native speaker level.
- Confidence in spelling, punctuation, grammar and language formulations (EN).
- Very good knowledge of German would be an advantage.
- Some experience in translation work, formatting and layout and in writing scientific papers.
- Familiarity with and interest in a range of environmental topics and related terminology.
- Strong communication and team skills.
- Structured and independent working style.
- We offer you a student employment contract with a renumeration of 13.50 Euros per hour and a workload of 16 to 20 hours per week (basis for negotiation). The employment contract will initially be limited to one year.
- By working on projects, you will gain insights into exciting tasks and projects on current and socially relevant environmental topics.
- We offer you a pleasant working atmosphere in an international company with flat hierarchies and an open working and communication culture.
- Mobile and flexible working is possible depending on the work requirements by arrangement.
- What speaks for us: helpfulness, reliability, diversity, personal responsibility, flexible working hours and fair overtime regulations, a nice office with a sunny roof terrace, committed colleagues and exciting content
Please apply online with the following documents:
- Letter of motivation
- Work samples (German and English, each max 10 pages)
- University Certificates
Deadline for applications: 15 May 2023
We look forward to your application!
Questions? Call Rabiya Dar 030 86880-199 or email email@example.com
Diversity of disciplines, backgrounds and experiences strengthens research and society. We therefore welcome all applications. Selection criteria are solely the job requirements and the qualifications of the applicants. We therefore also ask you to refrain from sending photos and providing personal data in your CV like birthday and nationality as part of the application.
By the way: Ecologic has been voted the Top Environment Policy Think Tank. Find out more here!