Climate and Energy Policy in Germany and the EU
The first part of the presentation [pdf, 8.3 MB, English] covered the energy security and international relations context for, both, Germany's and the EU's climate and energy policy, with a focus on recent policy developments:
- Energy 2020: A Strategy for Competitive, Sustainable and Secure Energy (COM(2010) 639 final of 10 November 2010)
- Roadmap for Moving to a Competitive Low Carbon Economy in 2050 (8 March 2011)
- Energy Efficiency Plan 2011 (COM(2011) 109 final of 8 March 2011)
The second part addressed the experience with and design criteria for international policy learning platforms, before concluding with lessons on nuclear power and the transformation towards renewable energies before and after the tragedy of Fukushima, and consequences for global nuclear governance.
- Ecologic Institute Presentation: Roadmap for a Low-Carbon Economy by 2050
- Brief with Summary and Conclusions on "A Transatlantic Agenda for Global Nuclear Governance"
- After Fukushima: Maybrit Illner Talk Show on ZDF German TV on "Does Japan Change Everything?" (in German)
Two ZDF German TV documentaries:
Nuclear Power in Germany, abridged and updated after Fukushima in Japan: The Risks We Repressed (in German)
Nuclear Power in Germany, the original documentary: Presumed Dead but Still Kicking (in German)