Steps to Implement Land Degradation Neutrality on a National Level
This info graphic shows a procedure how to approach the operationalization of the LDN concept and which questions have to be answered in this way. It builds on the findings of 14 UNCCD pilot studies (Global Mechanism of the UNCCD 2016a) and interprets them further. It visualizes seven strategic steps:
- Definition and adaptation of LDN to the national context
- Define suitable indicators
- Define baseline and set targets
- Specify the spatial dimension
- Determine compensation mechanisms
- Set up and maintain monitoring system
- Improve enabling environment.
The infographic is licensed under a Creative Commons license CC BY-ND 4.0, i. e. it can be used without any changes, if the author is mentioned. The infographic is part of a series of three infographics on Land Degradation Neutrality (LDN) developed by Ecologic Institute.