To strengthen our team in Berlin we are looking to find by 15th October 2019 a: Researcher in the field of biodiversity
As a Researcher, you will support our team by contributing to projects on national and European biodiversity and nature conservation policy. You will conduct research at the interface between biodiversity, land use and climate change adaptation. In addition, you will contribute to the acquisition of new projects in these fields.
- Support the acquisition of and contribute to new research projects on biodiversity conservation and prospectively take over ongoing project management for clients from Germany and the EU
- Conduct policy analyses, develop methodological approaches, conduct case studies, organize project-related events, hold interviews, facilitate stakeholder engagement processes, etc.
- Writing of reports, policy guidance and recommendations, newsletter stories, tailored dissemination material, factsheets, etc.
- Represent Ecologic Institute at national and international events and meetings, including presenting research results
- Relevant Master's or PhD degree (e.g. environmental science, nature conservation, landscape ecology, environmental governance) and at least 4 years of relevant work experience, ideally also in project management
- Robust knowledge of EU Nature Directives and EU Biodiversity Strategy, as well as of associated financing instruments
- Experience in project design and implementation, with proven experience of working in multi-disciplinary project teams
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively on several projects in parallel within a highly dynamic and international environment
- Excellent written, presentation and verbal communication skills in German and English
- Enthusiasm for the topic and creativity for finding policy solutions that fit into the broader challenge of transformation towards sustainable societies
- Networks and knowledge about nature-based solutions, green and blue infrastructure, or sustainable city region food systems and/or experience with new media and their use in science communication would be of added value would be of added value
- Fascinating projects with high policy and social relevance
- Pleasant working environment in an dynamic international and interdisciplinary team
- Flexible and family-friendly working environment
- Individual opportunities for professional development
- An employment contract for up to 32 hours per week, initially limited to two years; we aim for a long-term commitment
Please use only the online application form for your application: cover letter, curriculum vitae, certificates, a German and/or English work sample (max. 20 pages each) of a publication or scientific paper, references.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Ilka Voigtländer by telephone (030-86880-199) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We look forward to receiving your application!