Climate Protection and Artificial Intelligence – How can AI help us reach the Paris Agreement?
Climate change and artificial intelligence (AI) are two intensely debated topics, but mostly treated by separate communities. While climate change is one of the most urgent and pressing challenges the world is facing, AI is creating new opportunities for all sectors, including science. On the occasion of European Climate Diplomacy Week 2019, the German Federal Foreign Office, the British Embassy in Germany and the French Embassy in Germany would like to discuss the conceivable potentials and synergies. Ecologic Institute's Matthias Duwe moderates the discussion.
The discussion will focus on questions such as:
- How can we make use of these opportunities offered by AI and new emerging technologies to address and solve the climate challenge?
- How can AI help us develop better climate change models and prevent natural disasters?
- To what extent can AI support the creation of new low-carbon technologies, the monitoring of deforestation and the development of sustainable transportation?
- Where are the limits to introducing digital tools into everyday life?
- And how can governments benefit from these developments when designing climate policies?
During Climate Diplomacy Weeks, EU Delegations and embassies of several EU Member States around the world hold various events to foster dialogue and cooperation on climate change, showcase success stories and inspire further action.