Ecologic Institute has joined the PREVENT Waste Alliance
Since December 2019, Ecologic Institute is a member of the PREVENT Waste Alliance. The alliance is a multi-stakeholder exchange and cooperation platform with more than 30 participant organisations from the private sector, academia and civil society, as well as government institutions. All participant organisations are involved in different aspects of waste management and circular economy across entire value chains, with particular focus on plastics and electronic waste.
The PREVENT Waste Alliance is financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and its main objectives are to contribute to waste minimisation and to maximize the reutilization of the world resources, particularly in low and middle-income countries. For that, it supports the development of a functioning circular economy by:
- Connecting stakeholders along value chains and serving as an incubator.
- Providing up-to-date information for dynamic solutions.
- Promoting the exchange of know-how and technologies adapted to local contexts.
- Developing guidelines and conducting activities in line with these.
- Implementing demonstration projects in cooperation with partners in low and middle-income countries.
Within PREVENT Waste Alliance, Ecologic Institute is member of Working Group 1 – Conserving Resources, which deals concretely with plastic waste prevention in production and consumption, as well as the use of secondary plastics.