During the Climate Negotiation Summit in Poznàn, Poland, on 10 December 2008, R. Andreas Kraemer of Ecologic moderated a side event of the European Commission on "Aviation in the EU Emissions Trading Scheme (EU-ETS)". The event explored how aviation activities will be included in the EU's Emissions Trading Scheme from 1 January 2012 and provided details of the next steps for implementation.
The speakers were:
- Stavros Dimas, European Commissioner for the Environment
- Peter Liese, MEP, European Parliament Rapporteur for the Aviation ETS proposal
- Arvin Ganesan, Assistant to US Senator Lautenburg (D-NJ)
- Mark Major, European Commission, DG Environment
- Jakob Graichen, Institute for Applied Ecology, Germany