Policy Recommendations from the ELEEP-Network
The conclusion of a grant cycle of funding for the Emerging Leaders in Environmental and Energy Policy Network (ELEEP) resulted in the writing and publication of a five-part series of policy recommendations. Supporting the work of the ELEEP Network over this period were generous grants from the European Union and the Robert Bosch Foundation. The policy recommendations are available for download.
These policy recommendations grew out of ELEEP Members’ participation in four study tours on different, highly relevant policy topics and a conference-study tour that concluded this grant period. The ELEEP Members, who attended each of the events, led the development and compilation of these policy recommendations. These results point clearly to the potential of the ELEEP Network through its membership (of over 100 Members drawn from 19 countries in Europe and North America) to take on transatlantic policy challenges and deliver recommendations and results useful not only for the study of these challenges, but also and more importantly for those (policymakers and others) seeking to address them.
This five-part policy recommendation series covers the following topics derived from learning and analysis connected to face-to-face engagement with policymakers and practitioners:
- Energy efficiency [pdf, 265 KB, English] from a study tour to the UK in April 2013;
- The water, energy, climate nexus [pdf, 263 KB, English] from a study tour to the US Southwest in July 2013;
- Renewable energy and climate change policy [pdf, 246 KB, English] from a study tour to Poland and Germany in November 2013;
- Urban development and transportation [pdf, 285 KB, English] from a study tour to the US Pacific Northwest in January 2014;
- Recommendations for environmental and energy policy [pdf, 246 KB, English] prepared for a conference and study tour held in Brussels and the Netherlands in May 2014.
These policy recommendations can be downloaded here. These recommendations, as well as all materials and information related to the ELEEP Network can also be found on the Network’s website eleep.eu.