The German Energy Transition: Debating Implications for New York State
On 29 April 2015, Ecologic Institute US and the Guarini Center on Environmental, Energy and Land Use Law at New York University School of Law hosted a discussion about the German Energiewende (Energy Transition). The event provided an opportunity for participants to speak with experts with first-hand insight into the Energiewende and the lessons it may hold for policymakers in New York State, currently pursuing their own comprehensive energy reforms. A summary and a video of the discussion are available for download.
- Chris King, Global Chief Regulatory Officer, Smart Grid Services Siemens AG
- R. Andreas Kraemer, Founder & Director Emeritus, Ecologic Institute in Berlin, Germany; and Founding Chairman, Ecologic Institute US
- Georg Maue, First Secretary for Climate and Energy Issues, German Embassy
- Michael Mehling, Executive Director, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Eleanor Stein, Advisor for Special Projects, New York State Public Service Commission
- Justin Gillis (moderator), Reporter, New York Times
You can watch the complete discussion in the video below.