On 29 April 2015, Ecologic Institute US and the Guarini Center on Environmental, Energy and Land Use Law at New York University School of Law hosted a discussion about the German Energiewende (Energy Transition). The event provided an opportunity for participants to speak with experts with first-hand insight into the Energiewende and the lessons it may hold for policymakers in New York State, currently pursuing their own comprehensive energy reforms. A summary and a video of the discussion are available for download.
- Chris King, Global Chief Regulatory Officer, Smart Grid Services Siemens AG
- R. Andreas Kraemer, Founder & Director Emeritus, Ecologic Institute in Berlin, Germany; and Founding Chairman, Ecologic Institute US
- Georg Maue, First Secretary for Climate and Energy Issues, German Embassy
- Michael Mehling, Executive Director, Center for Energy and Environmental Policy Research, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Eleanor Stein, Advisor for Special Projects, New York State Public Service Commission
- Justin Gillis (moderator), Reporter, New York Times
You can watch the complete discussion in the video below.