Reconciling Science, Innovation and Precaution through the Engagement of Stakeholders (RECIPES) – Fact sheet series
Fact sheet series of the Horizon 2020 research project "Reconciling Science, Innovation and Precaution through the Engagement of Stakeholders (RECIPES)", 2020.
The RECIPES project aimed to develop new tools and guidelines to ensure the precautionary principle is applied while still encouraging innovation. The objective was to address and reduce societal controversy while helping policymakers and other stakeholders to assess risks and uncertainty and applying the precautionary principle taking into account innovation. This series of fact sheets condenses the joint research project case studies and presents them consistently in the project design, developed by Ecologic Institute.
- Case study 1: CRISPR-based gene drives
- Case study 2: Genetically modified organisms
- Case study 3: Endocrine disruptors
- Case study 4: Neonicotinoid insecticides
- Case study 5: Nanotechnologies
- Case study 6: Glyphosate
- Case study 7: Financial risks in water infrastructure planning
- Case study 8: The use of artificial intelligence in healthcare
- Case study 9: Microplastics in food products and cosmetics