The European Environment Agency (EEA) provides decision-makers with information needed to make sound and effective decisions in the policy making process with the aim to protect the environment and support sustainable development. Within a framework contract, Ecologic supports the EEA in this task by undertaking an agri-environmental analysis relating to agri-environment indicators, farm management, bio-energy production, the spatial distribution of CAP subsidies and dissemination of EEA results.
The project's objectives particularly relate to the following fields of agri-environmental analysis:
- Update and extension of selected agri-environmental indicator fact sheets
- Compilation of farm management data
- Data input and analysis regarding bio-energy / bio-fuel production on farmland
- Compilation and analysis of socio-economic data
- Integration of geo-referenced biodiversity and other data into EEA data systems
As part of a pan-European consortium, Ecologic's work within this project mainly focuses on water protection and different environmental aspects of bioenergy production.