The purpose of this webinar series is to discuss the challenges that power grid operators and electricity producers face in Germany and the United States with a changing climate and policy and investment measures for adaptation and resilience. The goal is to share knowledge and best practices, foster transatlantic dialogue and connections, and to think critically about how best to safeguard critical energy infrastructures.
Day 1 (Thursday, 9 December 2021) will focus on the risks that climate change poses to the electricity sector and best practices for adaptation and resilience.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Dr. Frank Kaspar, Deutscher Wetterdienst (German Meteorological Service)
- Dr. Craig Zamuda, the U.S. Department of Energy
- Dr. Judsen Bruzgul, ICF International
- Dr. Eknath Vittal, Electric Power Research Institute
- Stephen Torres, Southern California Edison
- Neil Weisenfeld, ICF International
- Dennis Volk, Bundesnetzagentur (the German Federal Network Agency)
- Dr. Jesse Keenan, Tulane University
- Romany Webb, Columbia Law School
- Mike Hogan, the Regulatory Assistance Project
This webinar series is supported by the Ecologic Institute.