Rational Cost-Benefit Analysis, Level of Information and Conclusion of the Survey
During this speech Max Grünig, Senior Fellow at Ecologic Institute, presented further results of the summer 2013 survey of all German-operators with their acquisition strategies in the second and third trading period. The presentation slides are available for download.
His key messages included:
- The fee settlement by the intermediaries occurred mainly
- fixed costs per executed trade contract
- with a fee per emission allowance
- as a relative mark up to the purchase price
- The fee per emission allowance was used most in the second trading period.
- The best method from the operators view depends on the current carbon market price level.
- The DEHSt is the most commonly information for the operators regarding to auctioning.
- So far only a small percentage of the operators feel well informed about the subject auctioning.
The presentation slides of all speakers are available at the conference website.