World Food Convention
In 2050 nine billion people will live on Earth. Already now with only seven billion people to feed, the distribution of resources is unequal and the global food system is not sustainable. With the World Food Convention, the German newspaper Tagesspiegel organized an international high level event on 22 June 2017 in Berlin. 500 participants from policy, industry, diplomacy, NGOs as well as science and academia discussed the most pressing issues of global food production and distribution. The Ecologic Institute was a partner of the World Food Convention. Ecologic Institute's Senior Fellow Stephanie Wunder spoke in the panel "Human Eating Behaviour".
Keynote speakers included:
- Dr. Gerd Müller, Federal Minister for Economic Cooperation and Development
- Christian Schmidt, Federal Minister of Food and Agriculture
- Arthur Potts Dawson, Green Chef & Advocate, UN World Food Programme
- Dr. Maria Andrade, Senior Sweet Potato Breeder for SSA & Asia, International Potato Center, Mozambique
- Liam Condon, Member of the Board of Management, Bayer AG
The event took place at the BOLLE Säle, Alt-Moabit 98, 10559 Berlin. More information about the program, speakers and the event documentation can be found at the World Food Convention website.