Designing Ocean Literacy Action in Europe – EU4Ocean workshop
Launched on 8 June 2020 by our Commissioner for Environment, Oceans and Fisheries, Virginijus Sinkevičius, the EU4Ocean Coalition, which aims at supporting collective ocean literacy in Europe, is moving to action!
You are invited to join the first "EU4Ocean workshop Designing Ocean Literacy actions in Europe" on 24 and 25 September 2020 (online). How?
- Attend our opening workshop (24 Sep 2020; 09:30 - 10:30 CEST), which will present the ambition of the coalition. Focus will be on the importance of collective action and the drivers to sound ocean literacy at all decision-making levels in Europe.
- Discover the three communities of the coalition, their vision, values, founding members and ambitions:
- The EU4Ocean platform (24 Sep 2020, 10:30 - 12:00 CEST) engaging European organisations committed to ocean literacy
- The Youth4Ocean Forum (24 Sep 2020, 14:00 - 15:45 CEST) mobilising young people and professionals
- The Network of European Blue Schools (24 Sep 202, 16:00 - 15:30 CEST) promoting blue challenge projects in schools
- Contribute to the emergence and implementation of ocean literacy dynamics and initiatives
Bring your expertise and interest in the Thematic Workshops (25 Sep 2020, 10:00 - 12:00 CEST) addressing the Healthy and Clean Ocean, Climate and Ocean, and Food from the Ocean themes
- Co-build ocean literacy strategies, dynamics and practical actions at the sea basin scales (25 Sep 2020, between 13:00 and 16:30 CEST. Specific time for each workshop: Arctic Ocean, Baltic Sea, North Sea/Atlantic Ocean, Mediterranean Sea and Black Sea.
What will happen after this multi-workshop online event? Let us get concrete and take the necessary steps to consolidate and implement the strategies and actions that you have co-built. We are eager to see a diverse and growing community engaged in Ocean Literacy in Europe!
Description and agendas of the workshops are published on the EU4Ocean website.
You can register for one or more workshops via this ONLINE FORM.
Afterward, the workshop organiser will send you a link to join the meeting that you have signed up for.