Key Messages of the BMBF-Research Focus "Plastics in the Environment – Sources· Sinks · Solutions"
Hinzmann, Mandy; Knoblauch, Doris; Mederake, Linda; Schritt, Hannes; Stein, Ulf (eds.) (2022): Key messages of the research focus "Plastics in the Environment".
The publication summarizes the key messages from all 20 joint research projects and the seven cross-cutting topics of the research focus. Structured along the following ten main topics, the central results are presented in order to derive recommendations for various addressees:
- Sources and pathways of plastics in the environment
- Ecotoxicological assessment of microplastics as a complex task
- Plastics in wastewater: detection, investigation, removal
- Plastics in soils: inputs, behavior and fate
- Companies need to take more responsibility
- Not yet efficient enough: waste management and recycling
- How municipalities can help to reduce plastic emissions
- Limited options: What influence do consumers have?
- Significant progress in microplastics analysis
- Legal recommendations for reducing plastic emissions
More than 70 researchers and practitioners from across the research focus have jointly co-authored the key messages.