The Yearbook Ecology 2013 was published at the end of August. Ecologic Institute is one of the institutes supporting this yearbook and contributed a chapter in the 2012 edition. This issue's focus is on the German "Energiewende," the development towards environmentally friendly energy production, which is examined from economic, social, technical, and ecological points of view. Dr. Hans-Joachim Ziesing, Senior Policy Advisor at Ecologic Institute, contributed a chapter about energy saving and energy efficiency in Germany.
The Yearbook Ecology:
- informs about the ecological situation and trends in several sectors of the natural environment,
- analyses and critizes public and international environmental policy,
- offers a discussion on important environmental issues,
- documents historical environmental events and initiatives,
- describes best-practice-examples and drafts visions for a sustainable world,
- is directed to an environmentally conscious public that searches for sustainable ways of interacting with nature,
- is dedicated to a broad understanding of ecology that includes the day-to-day relationship of human beings, nature, society and the environment.
The Yearbook Ecology is available at the price of 21,90€ in all bookstores and on the Internet, e.g. via Amazon