Microplastics in Soils – International Conference
A threat for human health and the environment?
The international hybrid conference of the Federal Environment Agency focuses on microplastics in soils and has two main objectives:
- to present the current state of international research on the problem of microplastics in soils and
- to identify the need for action on the part of policy-makers and compiling and discussing possible strategies for implementing recommendations for action at international level.
As a result of the conference, concrete recommendations for policy action will be derived. To achieve this, the content of the conference will be divided into three thematic areas:
- behavior and effects of plastics in soils;
- detection of plastics in soils;
- deduction of the need for political action.
The conference, which is envisaged as a lunch-to-lunch, will take place in Dessau-Roßlau from 19 to 20 October 2022. The Ecologic Institute will prepare, organize, conduct and follow up the conference. If the pandemic situation permits, the conference will be held as a hybrid event with approximately 120 people in attendance. The event will be recorded and broadcast live on the Federal Environment Agency's YouTube channel.