Ecologic Institute, on behalf of the German Environment Agency, invites you to join an online panel discussion to discuss insights on Sustainable Adaptation Pathways gained within the project "Joint implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the Paris Agreement". The high-level panel discussion will take place as a virtual event parallel to the High-Level Political Forum on Sustainable Development 2021 of the United Nations. A diverse and international panel of local and (inter)national experts will discuss interlinkages and overlaps between the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, climate adaptation goals under the Paris Agreement and the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction. For a fruitful discussion, good practice examples will be presented that strengthen the capacities of populations and institutions to adapt to climate-related risks while ensuring sustainable development.
This virtual expert exchange will be centered around the following guiding questions:
- How to move forward with integrated actions linking SDGs, the Paris Agreement and the Sendai Framework forward?
- How to shape Sustainable Adaptation Pathways for a resilient future?
- Which good practice examples on the local and national level already exist that enhance capacities for sustainable adaptation?
To discuss these and other questions, we invite you to join us for a debate with key experts working on different levels of policy implementation, bringing together experiences from different regions of the world.
- Dirk Messner | President of the German Environment Agency
- Rodrigo Rodriguez Tornquist | Secretary of Climate Change, Sustainable Development and Innovation at Argentina's Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development
- David Jácome Polit | Chief Resilience Officer Of the City of Quito
- Loretta Hieber Girardet | Chief Risk Knowledge, Monitoring and Capacity Development at United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNDRR)
- Madhushree Chatterjee | Chief of Natural Resources and Interlinkages Branch at the Division for Sustainable Goals of the Department of Economic and Social Affairs (UN DESA)
The event will be live-streamed via Zoom, where pre-registered participants will be able to interact and ask questions directly to the panel.
The project "Joint implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the Paris Agreement" is funded by the German Environment Agency. Ecologic Institute leads the preparation of this virtual panel discussion.