The final results brochure of the REFRESH project provides an overview of the work undertaken within the project including key insights and links to the results that are available online at the REFRESH project website.
It summarises the key results of the four year project for each of the seven working areas of REFRESH:
- Understanding consumer behaviour
- Development of voluntary agreements in 4 Member States
- EU policy options to reduce food loss and food waste
- Understanding food waste through behavioural economics
- Environmental and cost dimensions of food waste
- Valorisation options of waste streams and co-products
- Increasing impact through communication activities
REFRESH was an EU research project taking action against food waste. 26 partners from 12 European countries and China worked towards the project's goal to contribute towards Sustainable Development Goal 12.3 of halving per capita food waste at the retail and consumer level and reducing food losses along production and supply chains, reducing waste management costs, and maximizing the value from unavoidable food waste and packaging materials. The REFRESH project ended in August 2019.